The District will provide SRJC employee leave rights and benefits to which District employees may be entitled under applicable federal, state, or local laws. District employees have multiple leave allocations that may be available due to COVID-19, including, but not limited to:
- Education Code-granted sick leave
- Labor Code-supplemental paid sick leave
- Paid Sick Leave pursuant to the Healthy Workplace, Healthy Families Act of 2014 (Applicable to Short-Term, Non-Continuing (STNC), Professional Expert, and Student Employees)
- Accrued vacation leave
- Personal Necessity Leave
- Family Medical Leave Act/California Family Rights Act Leave
- Extended Illness Leave
- Compensatory time
- Board-granted leave of absence
- Workers’ Compensation
All leaves paid or unpaid, for which classified professionals and faculty are eligible are listed in the appropriate bargaining agreements. Information by current agreement is available for employees pursuant to your job classification as follows:
- AFA/Sonoma County Junior College District Contract (Article 18)
- SEIU Local 1021 & Sonoma County Junior College District Contract (Article 12)
- California Federation of Teachers Local 1946/Sonoma County Junior College District Contract (Article 18)
In accordance with District Board Policy 2.2P, “Management Team Guidelines and Procedures,” educational administrators follow the leave provisions outlined in the AFA agreement and Classified Administrators, supervisors, and confidential employees follow the leave provisions outlined in the SEIU agreement.
For additional information or questions related to COVID-19 related leave of absences not related to workers’ compensation, please contact Danielle Donica at email@example.com or Linda Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information regarding employee benefits because of COVID-19 can be found in the following District policies:
- Sonoma County Junior College District’s Policy (2.7) and Procedure (2.7P) Against Harassment and Discrimination.
- Sonoma County Junior College District’s Reasonable Accommodation for Employees Policy (4.20) and Procedure (4.20P)
- Sonoma County Junior College District’s Leave of Absence Board Policy (4.8), see Section VIII.
For additional information on supplemental paid sick leave covering employees, please review the California 2021 COVID Supplemental Paid Sick Leave. Human Resources has also developed a FAQs page regarding Supplemental Paid Sick Leave for Qualifying Reasons related to COVID-19.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
If an employee is not a remote worker and has worked at a SRJC location or worksite, believes they may have contracted a COVID-19 related illness because of their employment at SRJC, entitled to industrial accident leave benefits and other workers’ compensation disability benefits related to their illness. For additional information regarding workers’ compensation leave benefits, please contact Robin McHale at email@example.com.